In early 2019 it was introduced that InterContinental Accommodations Group (IHG) would purchase Six Senses. To me this was a extremely thrilling growth — Six Senses is an superior luxurious lodge model, and it was cool to assume that it could be doable to earn & redeem factors for stays at these accommodations.
The catch is that the mixing of Six Senses into IHG One Rewards has been occurring at a glacial tempo, and nonetheless not all properties are collaborating within the loyalty program. Luckily there’s some excellent news on that entrance, because the variety of Six Senses properties collaborating in IHG’s loyalty program has simply elevated considerably. So let’s go over the small print.
Six Senses & IHG One Rewards fundamentals
A dozen Six Senses properties have now been built-in into the IHG One Rewards program, that means that members can earn and redeem factors, and in addition benefit from choose elite advantages, when staying at Six Senses properties.
I’d argue that that is extra thrilling than ever earlier than, given the refreshed IHG One Rewards program. IHG Platinum and IHG Diamond standing presents significantly extra worth, and the Milestone Rewards program opens up much more prospects. Let’s check out the fundamentals of what IHG One Rewards members can count on at Six Senses properties.
Which Six Senses properties take part in IHG One Rewards?
Because it stands, the next 12 Six Senses properties take part within the IHG One Rewards program:
- Six Senses Botanique (Brazil)
- Six Senses Courchevel Residences (France)
- Six Senses Fiji (Fiji)
- Six Senses Ibiza (Spain)
- Six Senses Kanuhura (Maldives)
- Six Senses Kaplankaya (Turkey)
- Six Senses Laamu (Maldives)
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay (Vietnam)
- Six Senses Shaharut (Israel)
- Six Senses Uluwatu Bali (Indonesia)
- Six Senses Yao Noi (Thailand)
- Six Senses Zil Pasyon (Seychelles)
Whereas these properties at the moment are collaborating, be aware that some are solely bookable by the brand new IHG One Rewards app (as of now), and never by ihg.com. So in case you don’t see a property on the web site, test the app as an alternative.
For what it’s price, Six Senses at present has round 20 properties, with a number of extra within the pipeline. Hopefully these properties be a part of IHG One Rewards quickly as effectively. I don’t get why this hasn’t been extra of a precedence for IHG One Rewards management, as a result of that is an aspirational portfolio that may get lots of people curious about this system.
Incomes IHG factors at Six Senses properties
IHG One Rewards members can earn 10x IHG factors per eligible greenback spent at Six Senses properties:
Personally I worth IHG factors at 0.5 cents every. As an IHG Platinum member paying with a co-branded bank card I’m incomes a minimal of 26x factors per greenback spent (not factoring in any additional promotions), in order that’s a pleasant return for luxurious lodge spending.
Redeeming IHG factors at Six Senses properties
In the case of redeeming IHG One Rewards factors at Six Senses properties, there are some things to notice upfront:
I’ve simply achieved some random searches for a number of Six Senses properties, so let’s check out the outcomes (as a reminder, I worth IHG factors at 0.5 cents every).
For instance, choosing a 4 day interval in early September on the Six Senses Ibiza:
- The fee is 150,000 IHG factors per night time, so with a fourth night time free you’d be taking a look at 112,500 IHG factors per night time ($562.50 per night time, based mostly on my valuation of factors)
- The money charge is $1,479.13 per night time
That’s only one instance, however usually I’m constantly discovering that IHG factors may be redeemed for Six Senses stays on the charge of someplace between 0.5 and 1.0 cents per level in comparison with the money charge, earlier than factoring in a possible fourth night time free (which actually takes the redemption worth to the subsequent stage):
- If the speed is nearer to 0.5 cents per level it might be price paying money so as to earn factors and in addition benefit from Virtuoso perks
- While you’re getting nearer to 1.0 cents of worth per level the worth is doubtlessly large, on condition that you would purchase factors at a reduction after which redeem them for Six Senses stays
IHG elite advantages at Six Senses properties
What sort of elite advantages needs to be anticipated at Six Senses properties? Since Six Senses is a premium model, most of the perks are provided as a part of the InterContinental Ambassador, InterContinental Royal Ambassador, and Kimpton Inside Circle program. These advantages embrace the next (even award nights booked straight with IHG are eligible for these perks):
- Complimentary breakfast for 2 in the primary restaurant per day
- Signature amenity of both a complimentary 50-minute Six Senses Spa therapeutic massage for 2 or native expertise as soon as per keep; the amenity varies by resort, is topic to availability and confirmed on arrival
- Complimentary one class room improve (topic to availability, excluding residences and two bed room or better suites/villas)
- Prolonged check-out of 4PM topic to availability, assured for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inside Circle members
- Early check-in of 10AM topic to availability, assured for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inside Circle members; in circumstances the place the room will not be obtainable at 10AM, the member could also be checked into one other obtainable room till the unique booked room turns into obtainable
- Complimentary web entry
- A wellness platter welcome amenity on day of arrival
In case you’re going to remain at a Six Senses property it’s completely price becoming a member of the InterContinental Ambassador program for $200 per yr, because the perks will shortly pay for that payment.
With the revamped IHG One Rewards loyalty program, the usual elite perks ought to apply at Six Senses as effectively. So Diamond members ought to obtain free breakfast, and room upgrades needs to be provided as effectively, topic to availability.
Six Senses being a part of IHG excites me
I don’t assume I’ve ever been as enthusiastic about IHG as a lodge model as I’m proper now:
- IHG lastly lately added substantial elite perks, together with confirmed suite upgrades, free breakfast, and extra
- IHG’s portfolio continues to get extra fascinating, between the addition of Six Senses and the expansion of the Kimpton model
To me Six Senses is an fascinating lodge model. It’s rising at a quick tempo, and Six Senses is opening inventive properties in some locations that different manufacturers wouldn’t take into account. In some ways I’d take into account Six Senses to be the brand new Aman by way of the places the place properties are opening.
So having a lodge group of that caliber belonging to a significant loyalty program is thrilling:
- If paying money for a keep, I view the power to earn factors as a rebate on the room charge, in order that improves the worth of staying at Six Senses properties
- The power to redeem factors at Six Senses properties is superior as effectively, particularly for conditions the place you may get nearer to 1.0 cents of worth per IHG level
- No matter whether or not you’re paying money or redeeming factors, having the ability to benefit from elite perks at Six Senses properties will probably be nice
With IHG formally launching its suite improve profit shortly (as a part of the Milestone Rewards program), I’m curious to see what sort of upgrades this opens up at Six Senses properties. It might be price planning a really lengthy mattress run at an affordable property in Dubai to rack up elite nights, assuming you would verify a major improve at a Six Senses properties.
That is all very thrilling, and it’s one thing I’m wanting ahead to following carefully.
IHG is constant its integration of Six Senses properties into the IHG One Rewards loyalty program. At this level IHG members can earn and redeem factors, plus benefit from elite perks, at a dozen Six Senses properties.
I’m thrilled to see this integration continues, particularly following IHG’s loyalty program being modified for the higher. Six Senses being added to IHG’s portfolio is kind of particular, as there aren’t many uber-luxury lodge teams collaborating in loyalty applications on this means.
To me there’s worth throughout, whether or not it’s incomes factors on money stays, redeeming factors for an award keep, or benefiting from elite perks no matter how one stays. I may additionally see it being worthwhile to pursue Diamond standing in case you’d in any other case incessantly keep at Six Senses properties.
What do you make of Six Senses belonging to IHG One Rewards?
(Tip of the hat to Katie Genter)