On the subject of airport lounges, Amex’s community of Centurion Lounges might be thought to be top-of-the-line on the market. On this put up I wished to cowl the whole lot it’s essential find out about these lounges, starting from the fundamentals of what they’re, to who can entry them, to the place they’re situated.
What are Amex Centurion Lounges?
Lounge entry has develop into a particularly standard perk for premium bank cards. Not solely does this come within the type of providing a Precedence Go membership, however bank card firms have additionally began to construct networks of lounges as an unique perk for cardmembers.
Amex’s community of Centurion Lounges is the biggest community of lounges run by a bank card firm, and the lounges are additionally fairly prime quality. Typically talking, Amex Centurion Lounges characteristic sizzling meals, complimentary beer, wine, and cocktails, and many different superior facilities. It’s one of many perks of the Amex Platinum that individuals worth most.
Different bank card issuers are attempting to catch up on this regard, as we’re seeing the introduction of Capital One Lounges and Chase Sapphire Lounges.
Amex Centurion Lounge entry
Let’s begin by speaking about the whole lot it’s essential find out about Amex Centurion Lounge entry. Which bank card do it’s essential entry Amex Centurion Lounges, what are the restrictions on lounge entry, and what number of visitors are you able to deliver with you?
Amex Centurion Lounge entry bank cards
Amex Centurion Lounges might be accessed by those that have any of the next playing cards, with restrictions famous subsequent to every card:
These with Amex Platinum or Amex Centurion playing cards can buy day passes for extra visitors past their allowance for $50 every. Additionally notice that Amex Platinum approved customers have the identical lounge entry perks as main cardmembers, to allow them to entry lounges and even deliver visitors.
Amex Centurion Lounge entry restrictions
On the subject of accessing Amex Centurion Lounges, there are some phrases to concentrate on:
- You want a similar day boarding move to entry Centurion Lounges, and within the case of Delta Reserve cardmembers, the boarding move must be for journey on Delta
- You’ll be able to entry Centurion Lounges as much as three hours earlier than departure, except you’re connecting, through which case you may entry earlier
- You’ll be able to’t entry Centurion Lounges on arrival, or with a standby or non-revenue standby ticket
- In the event you’re guesting individuals into Centurion Lounges, it’s essential stick with them the complete time they’re within the lounge
Amex Centurion Lounge guesting privilege modifications
Beginning subsequent yr, Amex might be altering the guesting coverage for Centurion Lounge entry:
- These modifications kick in as of February 1, 2023
- Each main and extra cardmembers on the Amex Platinum will proceed to obtain lounge entry
- These with the Amex Platinum might be charged a $50 payment for every visitor they bring about into Centurion Lounges
- Amex Platinum cardmembers who spend not less than $75,000 per yr on the cardboard will proceed to obtain complimentary lounge entry for 2 visitors
- The Centurion Lounge guesting coverage will stay unchanged for these with the Centurion Card
Amex Centurion Lounge areas
The community of Amex Centurion Lounges is sort of huge, and retains rising. Let’s check out the present and future Amex Centurion Lounge areas.
Present Amex Centurion Lounge areas
At present there are 15 Amex Centurion Lounges, on the following airports (together with the areas and sizes):
- Charlotte (CLT) — 13,000 sq. ft, situated between Concourses D & E
- Dallas (DFW) — 12,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal D
- Denver (DEN) — 14,500 sq. ft, situated in Concourse C
- Hong Kong (HKG) — 8,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal 1 (quickly closed)
- Houston (IAH) — 8,500 sq. ft, situated in Terminal D
- Las Vegas (LAS) — 13,000 sq. ft, situated in Concourse D
- London (LHR) — 7,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal 3
- Los Angeles (LAX) — 14,000 sq. ft, situated in Tom Bradley Worldwide Terminal (quickly closed)
- Miami (MIA) — 12,000 sq. ft, situated in Concourse D
- New York (JFK) — 15,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal 4
- New York (LGA) — 10,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal B
- Philadelphia (PHL) — 6,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal A
- Phoenix (PHX) — 5,000 sq. ft, situated in Terminal 4
- San Francisco (SFO) — 8,500 sq. ft, situated in Terminal 3
- Seattle (SEA) — 4,500 sq. ft, situated in Concourse B
Future Amex Centurion Lounge areas
Along with the 15 present Amex Centurion Lounges, there are some extra lounges deliberate for the next airports:
Along with the above, two Amex Centurion Lounges in the USA are getting a lot wanted expansions:
- San Francisco (SFO) — the Amex Centurion Lounge San Francisco is predicted to be expanded to 16,000 sq. ft by late 2022
- Seattle (SEA) — the Amex Centurion Lounge Seattle might be getting a brand new location, and might be a lot bigger, at practically 14,000 sq. ft
Be aware that whereas American Categorical has another worldwide lounges (like in Mexico Metropolis), these aren’t branded as Centurion Lounges, so don’t have fairly the identical requirements.
Amex Centurion Lounge meals, drinks, and facilities
Amex Centurion Lounges have a fairly constant meals & beverage providing. Whereas they every have their very own aptitude with a neighborhood superstar chef, the final choices are related. The excellent news is that meals & drinks are complimentary in Centurion Lounges.
So far as drinks go, Centurion Lounges have the next:
- There’s a collection of complimentary alcoholic drinks, together with signature cocktails, beer, and wine
- There are additionally mushy drinks, espresso, and water; for many who are espresso snobs, sadly there’s no chilly brew or barista-made espresso drinks (not like on the Capital One Lounge DFW)
So far as meals goes, Centurion Lounges have the next:
- First breakfast is served; usually round opening time there’s first a continental breakfast, after which a heat breakfast is normally served round 30-60 minutes after opening, give or take
- For the rest of the day there’s a lunch & dinner menu, together with a number of sizzling choices
- Meals is often served from a buffet, so there’s no a la carte eating
- Centurion Lounge menus are totally different at every location, although menus at a specific lounge don’t are likely to rotate an entire lot
As well as the meals & drink choice, some Centurion Lounges characteristic distinctive facilities. For instance:
- The Dallas (DFW) Centurion Lounge has an Exhale Spa, although that has been closed for a lot of the pandemic
- The Houston (IAH) Centurion Lounge has a wellness space in partnership with Calm, providing Calm content material, neck heaters, and a well being and wellness cart with wholesome beverage decisions
- The New York (JFK) Centurion Lounge has a speakeasy, the place you may take pleasure in your favourite cocktail
Amex Centurion Lounge crowding
Amex Centurion Lounges are on the floor far superior to what you’d usually discover in a US airline lounge, and because of this they’re fairly standard, particularly with so many vacationers having the Amex Platinum. In the event you ask me, Centurion Lounges are largely a sufferer of their very own success, within the sense that they’re persistently fairly crowded.
Personally I keep away from Amex Centurion Lounges, although I’m eligible for entry. That’s just because I worth a quiet surroundings from which to work over a superior meals & drink choice (I don’t actually drink alcohol when flying domestically, and for that matter I normally deliver snacks with me when touring as properly).
Hopefully crowding turns into much less of a difficulty when the brand new guesting coverage is put in place. Amex did lately introduce a brand new Centurion Lounge crowding tracker. With this, you will get a stay have a look at how busy a lounge is, with one of many following descriptions being displayed:
- Not busy
- Just a little busy
- Very busy
- Nearly full
This tracker might be accessed by the Amex app, and you could find out methods to examine crowding right here.
Amex Centurion Lounges are extraordinarily standard with vacationers, on condition that they provide nice meals and drinks, in addition to some superior facilities. These lounges are at present situated at 15 airports, and may primarily be accessed by these with the Amex Platinum Card. Hopefully the above is a helpful rundown of the entry necessities, areas, and facilities of those lounges. If I missed something, please let me know.
What’s your tackle Amex Centurion Lounges? Do you’re keen on them, or keep away from them attributable to crowding?