In 2019, Marriott introduced plans to considerably develop its portfolio of all-inclusive properties. With this initiative, we’ll see new properties constructed, and likewise see present properties transformed into Marriotts. All-inclusive properties will span a lot of Marriott’s manufacturers, together with Ritz-Carlton, Luxurious Assortment, Marriott, Westin, W, Autograph Assortment, and Delta by Marriott.
In early 2021, Marriott introduced its most important all-inclusive growth but. These resorts have now formally joined Marriott Bonvoy, permitting members to earn and redeem factors.
Marriott’s Blue Diamond Resorts franchise agreements
Marriott’s assortment of all-inclusive resorts has greater than doubled, because of a brand new franchise settlement that has seen 20 properties added:
- That is being accomplished because of a brand new settlement with Sunwing Journey Group’s lodge division, Blue Diamond Resorts; sure, that’s the identical Sunwing because the Canadian extremely low value service
- With this, we’re seeing 20 new all-inclusive properties totaling over 7,000 rooms throughout seven locations
- With this settlement, Marriott is now one of many 10 largest all-inclusive gamers on this planet
The 20 resorts which have joined Marriott Autograph Assortment
With this settlement, we’ve now seen 20 all-inclusive resorts be part of Marriott’s Autograph Assortment, permitting Bonvoy members to earn and redeem factors for stays at these properties. Let’s first go over the accommodations, together with their Marriott Bonvoy redemption classes.
The next 5 resorts in Mexico have joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next 5 resorts within the Dominican Republic have joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next 5 resorts in Jamaica have joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next two resorts in Saint Lucia have joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next resort in Antigua has joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next resort in Costa Rica has joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
The next resort in Grenada has joined Marriott’s Autograph Assortment:
Earn & redeem Marriott Bonvoy factors at all-inclusives
These new all-inclusive properties are totally collaborating within the Marriott Bonvoy program:
- You possibly can earn & redeem Bonvoy factors for stays at these resorts
- You possibly can benefit from Marriott Bonvoy elite perks; Marriott Bonvoy member advantages for all-inclusives embody member charges, resort reductions, room upgrades primarily based on availability, complimentary massages, entry to unique areas of the property, weekly member cocktail events, and extra, all relying on the property and a member’s elite standing
- Bonvoy members earn 10x factors per greenback spent at all-inclusives, not accounting for elite bonuses or bank card spending bonuses
- Bonvoy members can redeem factors at all-inclusives per the revealed award chart, and the factors necessities are primarily based on double occupancy (which is completely different than paid charges, the place the price is completely different relying on whether or not there are one or two friends)
As you may see, all of those new properties fall into Marriott Bonvoy’s Class 7 & 8, that are the 2 highest classes. For context, right here’s the Marriott Bonvoy award chart:
Based mostly on that:
- Personally I worth Bonvoy factors at 0.7 cents every, to present you a way of how a lot award stays right here “value” by way of worth
- Class 7 Bonvoy stays value 50,000-70,000 factors per evening, relying on whether or not the evening is off-peak, commonplace, or peak (the equal of paying ~$350-490)
- Class 8 Bonvoy stays value 70,000-100,000 factors per evening, relying on whether or not the evening is off-peak, commonplace, or peak (the equal of paying ~$490-700)
- Bonvoy members get a fifth evening free on award redemptions
Simply evaluating money charges to factors charges (primarily based on double occupancy), I can’t say the factors worth is trying notably good right here. Perhaps the maths works out higher for stays over very excessive demand intervals.
Marriott now has a nudist resort
Maybe probably the most attention-grabbing improvement right here is the addition of Grand Lido Negril in Jamaica, which is an “au-naturel” resort, for these in search of a extra “liberated” expertise. Are you prepared, fellow Bonvoy members?!
I don’t get Marriott’s branding selections
Extra lodge choices are typically a great factor. Some folks swear by all-inclusives, so it’s good you can now earn and redeem Bonvoy factors, in addition to benefit from elite advantages, for stays at these properties.
Nonetheless, Marriott’s selection of branding right here positive reinforces to me how the model is targeted on progress over high quality. Can anybody clarify to me the way it is smart that these properties are becoming a member of Autograph Assortment? That is allegedly Marriott’s higher upscale luxurious model of impartial accommodations.
Listed below are a number of of the methods Marriott describes Autograph Assortment on its web site:
“We handpick boutique accommodations from around the globe that share a ardour for originality and a philosophy of consideration to element of their each expression.”
“Every lodge in our assortment is impressed by a transparent imaginative and prescient, soul, and story. These visions energy parts so impactful you can really feel the devotion in each sinew of the expertise.”
“We consider that magnificence with out coronary heart is meaningless. That is why our accommodations convey a thoughtfulness and objective to their design. In every of our areas, these parts come collectively to inform the story of the lodge, bringing a tactile and emotional satisfaction about it too.”
“You gained’t want to depart your lodge to really feel a way of time and place. We handpick accommodations which can be intimately related to their environment – and, in flip, develop into a part of the locality’s cloth.”
I’ve some questions:
- Are Planet Hollywood all-inclusive resorts thought-about higher upscale and luxurious?
- Is an 840-room all-inclusive in Cancun thought-about boutique?
- Please inform me extra about Planet Hollywood’s “soul and story,” and concerning the parts which can be “so impactful you can really feel the devotion in each sinew of the expertise”
- Inform me extra about how “you gained’t want to depart your lodge to really feel a way of time and place,” and the way these accommodations have been handpicked as a result of they’re “intimately related to their environment”
- How do homeowners of Autograph Assortment properties which can be really boutique, impartial, and higher upscale, really feel about now being a part of the identical assortment as these all-inclusive properties?
Once more, let me emphasize that I’m all for Marriott increasing into the inexpensive all-inclusive market, since it is going to enchantment to many, and shall be a great alternative to earn and redeem factors. What I can’t wrap my head round is why this may’t be accomplished with extra applicable branding.
Marriott has added 20 all-inclusive properties to its portfolio, because of a brand new franchise settlement with Sunwing and Blue Diamond Resorts. These mega-resorts will little doubt enchantment to many, and I’d take into account it a net-positive that Marriott Bonvoy members can now earn and redeem factors right here, in addition to benefit from elite advantages.
My largest concern is how Marriott chooses to model these as Autograph Assortment properties. Marriott has over 30 manufacturers already, and someway it nonetheless can’t really model new additions in a method that displays what’s being provided.
What do you make of Marriott’s all-inclusive growth?